Educational Scholarship Program
Educational Scholarship Background
In 2017, the Albemarle County Police Foundation established the ACPF Educational Scholarship Program as a benefit for Albemarle County police officers and staff. The purpose of the program is to assist the Police Department in building a professional, educated force and to aid in recruiting and retaining a corps of highly sought after officers, while financially supporting our officers to obtain their advanced degrees.
- Applicant can request funds up to 90% of tuition expenses for new 2017/2018 course requests (at least 10% of costs remain the responsibility of the applicant)
- Maximum request $1,500 per year (maximum $6,000 towards approved degree program)
2017 - 2018 Due Dates
Due dates for scholarship requests are:
- July 14, 2017 for Fall 2017 semester
- December 8, 2017 for Spring 2018 semester
- Current employee in good standing for at least twelve (12) months prior to request due date.
- Must maintain a grade of ‘C’ or better. If you are unable to obtain a ‘C’ or better, then you will be required to reimburse the Foundation for the cost of tuition, books, and fees related to the course(s).
- Must sign Albemarle County Police Foundation Educational Scholarship Program Agreement with Albemarle County Police Foundation /Albemarle County Police Department
To start your application process, please fill out the form below: